Enjoy some of my favorite pictures of the their shenanigans.
Cutting apples (lookee those faces):
Making sugar cookies:
Nico joined in at the end (he's the shorter napper between him and Giddie goo).
And, you saw the leaves:
We didn't catch it on film, but my favorite thing they did was chase each other. Jacob usually put his hands up in front of himself and yelled "I'm a giant" as Maddie ran away squealing. And Maddie taught Jacob so much and really invited him into a big kid world.
I have a feeling that in a few years Jacob and Gideon will "get" each other and barricade themselves somewhere playing G.I. Joes or Tranformers (or newer, hipper toys) -- but for now Maddie is Jacob's girl. We love you Maddie!
And, thank you to Jana for doing the apples and cookies with the kids. Mom and Jana were so kind to let me try to rest out the lung prob...it's still a problem, but I finally cracked the University of Chicago healthcare labyrinth and got to see a doc. I'm hopefully on the mend.
8 comments:
Robyn - I am so glad you got in to see a doctor. And that the cousins are such good friends!
All I can say is that sure was a kid friendly time we had. Just look at those counters! Now they're clean as a whistle, but it's sure not as much fun around here. As I said earlier its back to dull cleanliness. Oh well...looking on the bright side - at least I can find things now ;) It was so adorable to see the cousins interacting - that's for sure.
Love, Mom
Thanks for the vote of confidence as to our social life..... and by the way hilda where is the timer?
Your father, and the husband to your mother that thinks our life is dull.
Dad
LOVE the expression of Jacob in that first pic. That's cute to see him playing in the big kid world with Maddie. She's adorable. I liked your parent's comments, esp. your dad's.
HA! Listen you...Mr. LG. You know what I mean. And as for the timer, if I do find it I'll probably bury it in the back yard! :D
Your parents are good parents to let your kids make such a big mess. The pictures are really cute and I think they will always be the best of friends.
Hey Robyn, long time no see! Glad to see that you and Matt are doing great and that your family has grown by 1 and you've moved! Good times - San
Maddie is really missing Jacob! I am so glad they were able to spend some time together, and I am so glad you got in to the doctor!
Post a Comment