Friday, July 22, 2005

A special thanks to Aunt Jana & Uncle Jon

Last week I felt in the mood to dress Jacob up a bit. I picked this little number that Jana and Jon got him. Pretty cute, huh?



As hopefully you can see, it's a Tigger outfit! Jana has always reminded me of Tigger, and I (unfortunately) have always felt like a mix between Piglet and Pooh. She's got such a lovely, happy energy and makes everything fun. I wring my hands and fret just like Piglet and well, I do love a good treat, like Pooh Bear. Maybe Jana's got a bit of that nervous Piglet energy mixed in with all of her Tigger-ey-ness too...hmmmm...Well, the point is, I thought this choice of an outfit was perfect considering who it was from as well as its cuteness.

However, I saved my favorite part of the outfit for last. Ta da!



I love, love, love, love, love this outfit...and the main reason are these little Tigger pants. Look at those tiny little chicken legs coming out of that rump! He is growing so much and is such a cute little man. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is one heck of a backside. on how many babies can you see a one-foot wide word written across their butt?

but seriously folks, i'm not here to talk about the boy. i'm here to talk about the boy's mother.

i just want her to know how proud i am of her and all she's done. it's been hard on her because i've had to work such long hours lately and she doesn't have much other help. because of her, the boy is growing and is healthy. she's taking such good care of him. and she hasn't slowed down in her ability to get things done otherwise. she's running errands carrying him around. who would've know she had major surgery five weeks ago today. amazing.

i just want her to know how much i love her. and just how happy i am with her. and i want to make sure that all of the reading public is fully aware of what she's done.

matt loves robyn

Anonymous said...

Well, you know I was going to comment on the orange tiger...tigger...but with the mack daddy's comment...that's so sweet. You are right Robyn I did raise a sweet boy. I am so glad you are a sweetheart for him!!!!And our Jacob. Y'all are all in our prayers constantly. Knowing now that the outfit came from Jana, it is simply precious. But Robyn does Jacob have anything red? I think I remember seeing some booties.
I was happy to see more pictures. I came to the sight to get the address for Anne Jones. Her grandson is younger than Jacob.
HAPPY 5 Week Old Birthday Baby Jacob.
Love to all, G'ma Jan

Anonymous said...

"There's water falling out of my eyes!"

Wow, Matt. You've made a cynical girl all weepy. I'll take one who's a lot like you, please.

Robyn, I have to agree with what Matt said. You are one amazing gal! I am so proud of you--you are strong, capable, and I can tell that you are a wonderful mother--just like your mother and Jana are.

To be honest, I'm feeling a little sentimental about you right now. I was telling someone the other day about how I hate talking on the phone, but then I had to add, "except for when I talk to Robyn. I love talking to Robyn. I could talk to her all day--even on the phone." You are just one of my very faves.

Now, about those pictures . . . They are great!! I'm alone right now, and it's awful because I am just dying to giggle with someone over how adorable Jacob is in that outfit! Jana and Jon hit the jackpot with that one. Robyn, you know that I don't usually look at boy's bottoms, but how can I resist such a cute boy in such cute little trousers? He should wear that every day.

One last thought: Piglet and Pooh are such positive little characters. You could be "lovingly" called Eyeore by those who know you best . . .

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Lucy pointed out that that last comment I left looked like it was meant as an insult. I meant the proverbial "you." You remember that I am Eyeore, right? Just wanted to clarify . . .

Anonymous said...

When I got off work last night I went right to the blog, and got such a great laugh! I've been chuckling about it ever since. When that boy's a teenager he's going to say "Mom, why did you put me in that outfit?" Of course, who knows, maybe by then Tigger will be "in" with the teens. He's a cutie, and of course I'm sure he'll have the same great sense of humor as his Mommy and Daddy
Love you lots!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the outfit was such a hit! I will make sure to get him SOMETHING red next time, but I really just can't resist tigger. Our other option at the store the day we got that was a onesie that said "if you think I'm cute, you should see my aunt!" Needless to say we went with tigger!

I think Matt hit the nail on the head Robyn, you are doing a WONDERFUL job as a mommy, and Matt is such a super daddy!

We love you both so very much!

Jon, Jana, Maddie, and Baby