Friday, March 17, 2006

Blog Agenda

First Item of Business: This morning and yesterday morning Jacob slept until 6:00! Being awakened by the alarm (instead of Jacob's 5:00 moanings) felt like being awoken by a choir of heavenly angels.



Second Item of Business: Jacob has eaten approximately 6.5 Cheerios. Mommy has eaten approximately 22.5 Cheerios in an effort to "model" how one eats a Cheerio. Expect both to eat more.



Third Item of Business: Jacob has sucked virtually all of the color off the red wings of this girly butterfly wrist rattle (that we only use at home...for obvious reasons). Should we be worried?



Fourth Item of Business: After listening to this little star stacker a kajillion times I have realized that "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and the "ABC Song" are the same song. Was I the last or the first person to realize that?



Fifth, and final, Item of Business: Jacob's daddy is real, real cute. As is Jacob.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

considered the daddy flattered.

oh how i love npr's "morning edition" at 6 am. beats the pants off jacob's "grunting baby" at 5 am.

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard!!! I had the same experince with Maddie's start stacker...I think we might be the only two people that didn't know that little "Twinkle Twinkle" secret. Congrats about the sleeping baby!
Love You!

Jana

Robyn said...

Add "Baa Baa Black Sheep" to the tally of how many songs have that tune. Unbelievable! Thanks for pointing that out Unkie Brent!

Anonymous said...

Wow--I feel seriously duped. I had never noticed that those two songs have exactly the same tune. I didn't even believe it when I first read your post. As I sang the first lines of each song to myself (right out loud at work, may I add), I realized that, in fact, I--not you--am the last to know this truth. This is devastating.

Love the Jacob pics. Now I understand why my mom has all of those pictures of me asleep. Jacob looks so adorable all relaxed in his bed. I wonder what he is dreaming about.

He is an absolutely perfect BOY. Perhaps those men had cataracts, or perhaps every baby is a "she" to them (I have noticed that this is a common phenomenon in adults over 70 years of age). Whatever the reason for their comments--I say it's THEIR problem--not manly little Jacob's. Just look at him in the little polo shirt with his handsome dad--his masculinity is unmistakable. But, I have to say, I am concerned about the Cheerios. Is it really possible to not like Cheerios??

Love you! Love the posts! Love everything!!

Anonymous said...

Please stop worrying about Jacob's gender issues (I didn't want to say sexual issues.). I believe he is firmly entrenched in his masculine self. He just loves his toys.

Cherrios rock. He'll soon learn what every little LDS kids knows. Carbs rock.

Hope to talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Please stop worrying about Jacob's gender issues (I didn't want to say sexual issues.). I believe he is firmly entrenched in his masculine self. He just loves his toys.

Cherrios rock. He'll soon learn what every little LDS kids knows; Carbs rock.

Hope to talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Please stop worrying about Jacob's gender issues (I didn't want to say sexual issues.). I believe he is firmly entrenched in his masculine self. He just loves his toys.

Cherrios rock. He'll soon learn what every little LDS kids knows; Carbs rock.

Hope to talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

oops. My computer seems to stall. I did the same thing you did on Jana's blog. Sorry.

Shayleen Lunt said...

I never knew the two songs were the same tune until a few months ago either. I think that same toy helped me to figure it out also:) Whoever knew they would be so educational?

Nicole said...

Hey guys! You are a cute family. I didn't realize the "Twinkle" thing either. Blogging and reading blogs is extremely educational ;o) Check mine out again: denglish-ramblings.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Well I can honestly say that the preschool teacher did know this little fact! Pretty awesome huh. You went to school to get smarter, and I went to school to learn little tid bits like what songs have the same music. Anyway I can give you a bunch more if you like, but this one will have to do for now. Sung of course to ABC song!

Five little fishes swimming in a pool
1st one said this pool is cool
2nd one said this pool is deep
3rd one said I want to sleep
4th one said lets dive and dip
5th one said I spy a ship
Fisherman's boat comes along comes a splash
The five little fish dash out of sight!

I just thought you might like that one. The splash is very fun with babies.

Anyway I just love your way of thinking and you make me laugh every time I read your blog.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I am just getting around to putting away "Jacob's" high chair. I thought of this blog as the cheerios came rolling out from under the seat. How sweet of Jacob to remember his grandma Jan! I'm going to save you some home grown green beans and maybe home made ice cream for your next visit! Love you little boy and your folks too!