Friday, February 08, 2008

He ain't heavy, he's my brother

Oh so long ago my boys were worlds apart.














Jacob viewed Nicholas as BO-RING.














And Nicholas thought Jacob was a menace.














They've both done a lot of growing up in the last seven months and I'd like to show you some of their recent interactions.

Playing trains.
































Struggling to tear Nicholas away from a favorite toy.














Fixin' stuff at the work bench.














Pushing Nicholas away from the work bench.














Nicholas giving up while Jacob plays on.














"Parallel play". Jacob loves his trains on the table and Nicholas loves his train leavings and any other toy litter under the table. What could be more parallel?


















Playing "Where's Nico?". This is by far our most favorite activity. Nicholas is a great crawler and can get anywhere. He has found a particular delight (as seen above) in getting under things. "Where's Nico?" basically consists of Jacob thinking Nicholas is in a funny place and then yelling "Where's Nico" until they both dissolve in giggles. Awe-some.





























4 comments:

Andrea said...

I thought through this whole entry, "look out Jacob, here he comes" It will be so fun to see them play more together. This is just the start! I know they will be the best of friends!

Jana said...

Holy Cow that was so cute! I just loved it! You capture such amazing things with your camera! I like your perspective! They are darling boys!

Shayleen Lunt said...

What a great little story book! The last picture made my smile even bigger. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

That last picture is a treasure. Love at home; laughter at home--all the things we heard about last weekend. How much the boys have grown. I was shocked with Jacob's growth since Nicholas was brand new. Amazing. I'm so glad we saw you all at Christmas.

Hurry back. I loved that restaurant you took me to. Love you guys.