Tuesday, February 05, 2008

What are you doing looking at blogs?


Go
vote!
(That is if your state is voting today.)

We did.















That reminds me of the old BYU Annual Fund ads with people like President Bateman saying, "Choose to give, I did." Which made me think of this beauty that was hung up around campus in response to those ads.



















Get it? It's the little stream, eh? Get it? Anyway, I love it.

But I digress. The boys and I did go down to the "Good Age Building" (huh?) to cast our vote for _____. My blog is a politically neutral endeavor. So we voted for "Mint" (as Jacob calls our unknown candidate). I came prepared with toys, snacks and a bottle for 'Colas. Imagine my surprise when there was NO LINE! There were just lots of happy poll workers ready to get me a-votin'. At each station in the room (and in less than three minutes) three different poll workers said, "Looks like you've got your hands full." I wonder what they would have said if the boys were screaming, yelling or doing any of their typical heck raisin'. Look at my little boys fulfilling their civic duty in their red and blue. (And look at Jacob's shiner he got yesterday after a tumble near our coffee table!)






























By the time we had left the building no less than 5 people had said to Jacob, "You're too young to vote!" Who knew?! Obviously the poll workers didn't because look what they gave him. His very own "I'm a Georgia voter" sticker, which he mistook for his patch. Jacob even had an ink stained hand (from making hand-turkeys with markers last night) to show his support for the democratic process.



















Nicholas was good, good, gooooood. He didn't make a peep and didn't even need the bottle. What a champ.














Oh, and exercising our right to vote has its perks, like seeing a real live tractor-ish machine! Woo-hooo! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

4 comments:

Jana said...

iWOO HOO for the voting family! I think Unkie "Mint" would be proud! I love you guys!

Shayleen Lunt said...

I'm glad you had a similar experience to the one we had back in November when we (myself and two kids) voted. Our day will come in March!

Andrea said...

I just am glad I am not hearing anything about bad weather on your blog. I hope that means you are o.k. I was really worried. How is Matt's family? Did they get any of it?

Anonymous said...

I have shown these pictures to anyone who would sit down for sixty seconds on my chairs. I love these boys. They are a delight to share. I'm glad they voted and got their stickers! Can't Georgia get over peaches? It's sort of like Utah and beehives (and wagon wheels).