
...for about the billionth time, I realized that the time had come to cut those pesky wings. As well as his front "overhang". Gulp.
He must have sensed my resolve to cut his hair, because he put up a good fight last night. He always has good hair moments (like this February one) during his bath.

And afterward he put his "curl on" for me.

But my mind was made up. And Matt was willing to go along with me.
Here he is before the cut watching a little Baby Einstein (the perfect distraction).

Here's Nemo showing us just how long his hair had gotten.


Here's a scary picture of Jacob and his eye-tickling hair.

And here's one that's not scary that shows how annoying his hair must have been for him.

Wings, wings, wings.

So we cut...

and cut...

and cut...

and then we stopped. Ta da!






After cutting off all this hair,

I realized something. My baby's BLONDE!

14 comments:
From Teeth to Hair this boy is experiencing a lot of growing up issues. He does look "great"!
I really enjoyed the documentation on the hair in the eyes and his wings. This boy now looks like he is ready for a "mission" interview. I hope mom and dad are surviving this monumental day. Love Gramp
Great Job!!!! You did an awesome job cutting his hair! I knew you could do it! No need for me anymore :](i bet you could try Matt's now!!!)
I can't belive Jacob didn't fly away w/ all of that lift! Wow. He looks so incredibly cute and handsome, I love his new haircut! And yes, I can't believe how blonde his hair looks now! I kinda had thought it was maybe a strawberry blonde or light brown, but not it really looks blonde-just like his Mom's! Its great though! Good job getting through this. Don't worry I have a suspicion (sp?) that his is hair is going to grow back fast and more of it! This will help it become thicker!
So very cute! What a fun time!
Love, Chelsea
p.s. i forgot to mention i loved the nemo trick! how funny! that was great! also, i'm sure you'll keep hair right? and it really doesn't look like a ton but it made a huge difference-wow!
HANDSOME BOY!!! I love it!
I know it hurt...Robyn that is. Cutting the hair is another major milestone. Your little one is growing up. You did a great job. He looks so handsome. Can't wait to see him next week. And he will probaby be able to see all of us a little better!
Love to all. Grandma Jan
p.s.s.
um, please excuse all of my missing words! i guess my brain was faster than my hands! that happens a lot actually :]
It does look great! I really think Jacob likes the cut himeself. That is most important, right?
We can try our Wahl clippers for his next cut. haha (I do promise that we have longer attachments for it than the ONE that Aaron uses:)
You are a great hair cutter! What a good job you did to make Jacob look like a little boy. I liked his William Sonoma boy togs too. You made our day!
How ambitious you are to be at the library on Saturday morning. Good luck with that. Love you.
We are mailing these to Gramma G. today.
We are mailing these to Gramma G. today.
Oh my goodness! Jacob has gone from Beatle to Big Boy. He looks so grown up with his dapper new 'do.
Robyn and Matt, your determination and bravery is admirable. A lesser mama and daddy might have stopped at the difficult bath or the scary "bangs in face" expression, but you pressed forward . . . And the makeover is a success!! I love how Jacob's new haircut shows the sweet shape of his little head and emphasizes those shiny, wide eyes. He looks adorable.
I was also happy to finally see Nemo in a starring role. I have come to look for him in the background like the grasshopper and spider in the Little Critters illustrations.
Good luck at the library, Robyn. As Bela Karoly would say, "You can do it!" Love to all of you!
A little boy hair cut...how cute. Hopefully you saved some of that for his "book". It's just as well a haircut dosen't hurt physically. Ouch! He probably is wondering why he can see things more clearly now. \**/ Love ya
Oh Robyn! Your baby has gone from a baby to a little boy. He looks so cute like he is ready for his first day of school. You did a great job!
I totally use Baby Einstein for fingernail clipping time and anything else that requires rapt attention and holding still! : )
Post a Comment