We are fortunate enough to have a subdivision of expensive homes be the feeder road into our little not expensive neighborhood. So, we've seen a lot of really nice things on the side of the road with a "free" sign on them. We've even picked a few up. Last week that street outdid itself. Big time.
Check it out.





Can you believe it!?!?! We feel so grateful that this little (expensive) beauty was just sitting there waiting for us. Fo' free. Jacob is in heaven, and so are we.
Additionally, we've learned that we really don't treat Jacob much. We told him we had a surprise for him and led him out to the sheet covered tractor (for the big "reveal"). After uncovering it he kept on calling it a surprise and has started calling all tractors "surprises". Apparently he really didn't know the meaning of surprise. I guess we're raising our children on a diet of low expectations!
6 comments:
Jacob you hit the big time.... congratulations. You have a great little neighborhood. I remember Bro. and Sister Miner talking about their mission to New York City... people would put stuff out with a sign to take it if you wanted. Missionaries got entire bedroom sets that way. Love ya lots and I really enjoy looking at your blogs. I have great girls that keep us very informed and up to date. What a smile on Jacob... it defines what Happy is. Dad
What a surprise! And someday you'll be passing it forward...sitting great treasures out on the curb "fo' free."
I want you to write your sign that way too!
WOW! I love it! Jacob, I hope you have a GREAT time with that Tractor! You are raising them right. Maddie asks me for a reward for most day to day jobs, and now she says "and I don't want a good feeling"
I can't believe that! You are very blessed. Jacob will love that so much! My neighbors in Highland did that when they moved in. We didn't get it though. They were from the south and we thought they were toliet families. I guess now I understand why they had a sink, counter, and toliet on their lawn for two weeks with a For Free sign in front. You really did clear up lots of confusion for me.
Whoa! That is so awesome! What a lucky boy and parents!!! :] I can't believe somebody would give that away, but congrats to you. You guys are going to have soooo much fun with it. That is so cool. I'm jealous for sure :] LUCKYYYYY.....
That is even more funny though about the whole 'surprise' reaction. How cute. I think your diet is the best diet! Keep that up!
Love, Chelsea
The look on Jacob's face when the "surprise" was uncovered is worth a million bucks. What a great deal....it looks brand new!
I'm sure he'll have hours of fun with that.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment