When I was a little girl my mother used to tell me stories about me. You know, "Once upon a time there was a little girl named [pregnant pause] Robyn, and one day..." I loved it. Mom is a great story teller. She always seemed to have a husky, intense voice that filled the stories with lots of suspense and intrigue. I really can't remember if the stories were moral little tales to help me be better or if they were stories of me catching unicorns with my rainbow lasso. I simply know that I felt so special and so amazed to think that I was in a real, live story!
The other day I decided to tell Jacob a story about himself and Nicholas. He fell in love. We have definitely not ventured out of the realm of solid reality, but it's pretty amazing to see his genuine interest in these little tales. (Although part of me wishes I'd never started "Once upon a time"ing it. The demand is amazing and Jacob is quite the taskmaster. )
Last night Jacob was asking for "Once upon a time" and so I started telling away and the look on his face told me that he was in, he was all in. This video is a bit long, and I'm sure you won't understand every word he says, but I think you'll get a glimpse at what our days are filled with lately. (I actually just spent the last 30 minutes telling a convoluted tale about my kids and their friends.)
A lot of the time what I am saying is just repeating Jacob because he now can really drive a plot. He fills them with lots of characters (his friends from nursery & the neighborhood), violence (bonks), and emotion (crying). Enjoy!
9 comments:
Oh - my - goodness! That is soooo cute! He is SO intense! I was even filled with a little suspense at who was going to get "bonked" next! You should really just record a couple different versions (filled with pauses for Jacob to fill in the names and bonks) for when you are feeling "Once upon a time"-d out.
We started telling "once upon a times" to our little guy too. After a couple years, I got really bored with it. Now I let daddy do it, besides Daddy's stories are always so much better than mine. I'm too much of a realist to tell a story about mountain climbing on a giant marshmallow. I'll stick to reading books.
He is so articulate and you can really see that little mind of his at work! Good job Mama! Love,
I love once upon a times too! Though I never got them as a kid! But I do them with my kids now.
I love that so much! That cute little bonk on his chin, pointed with all 5 fingers was so darling! Maddie does not like hearing about Maddie, her once upon a times are all about princesses named Lacen. I just loved it! What a bright spot in my day!
maddie no me she he reytfdtrvrerf5rvhtvrfh5ygtu4tf54ftyrthbigygtrwerdwcfr456fd tguftrgiugyftk5fgt7tcu54tf54e56dftyfdcryd erxfghcxfrcgjffgvnhrnhcvgfhrgcdexhghf4rhgfh4jxfryh3ce3cy3tgxerydtgfrjecfcgyjervgxfrdmg emuwxcrgemwcfgrecx fefwxtefwcxt xstxr4 c3rtxr43srx3cxzdecwfercxrxrdw334swqhesza45e132wegqqwswgzwqzxz Maddie wanted to practice typing her Willie Words, and "fill up the page" She loved to see Jaocob too!
maddie no me she he reytfdtrvrerf5rvhtvrfh5ygtu4tf54ftyrthbigygtrwerdwcfr456fd tguftrgiugyftk5fgt7tcu54tf54e56dftyfdcryd erxfghcxfrcgjffgvnhrnhcvgfhrgcdexhghf4rhgfh4jxfryh3ce3cy3tgxerydtgfrjecfcgyjervgxfrdmg emuwxcrgemwcfgrecx fefwxtefwcxt xstxr4 c3rtxr43srx3cxzdecwfercxrxrdw334swqhesza45e132wegqqwswgzwqzxz Maddie wanted to practice typing her Willie Words, and "fill up the page" She loved to see Jaocob too!
Talk about literacy!!! The kid is going to be Milton before he is six. I just loved that video and have watched it several times. I pick up new words every time I hear it. I think he'll be talking about bonks and pows for years to come. Aren't girls and boys different from each other??? All I know are princess stories. Enchanted gave me some new material.
Cute, cute, cute. Isn't amazing how so much personality can be packed into such a little person?
I recognize the froggy cup!
Post a Comment