Friday, April 14, 2006

Attack of the Yeah-ing Baby

Jacob has said his first mimic. I can't say it's a word, but it's definitely a mimic. Maddie, around this age, mimicked "oh look"...which was adorable and very indicative of what Jana & Grandma said about everything they pointed out to Maddie. Jacob has found a linguistically simpler word to mimic..."Yeah". Intonation and all. I thought it was simply a new babble, but I have since realized that I say yeah ALL THE TIME. "Do you want to read a story? Yeah? Uh huh?" "Do you want some bananas? Yeah? Uh huh?" "Are the bananas good? Yeah? Uh huh?" Etc., etc., etc. Expect "uh huh" to follow. So, without further ado, feast your ears on Jacob and mommy's "yeahs".
Just one more ado, notice how he is mauling me to get the camera...very determined.

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing

6 comments:

Carly said...

CUTE! You must teach me how to put vijos on blogs. I love Jacob.

Anonymous said...

So cute!! And so determined. What a smart little climbing monkey! I love hearing his sweet little boy voice, and seeing him in his adorable little track 'fit.

I know I keep saying this in my comments--I'm not trying to make everyone jealous that I will be staying in the fantastic guest room--but, I'm so excited to "Yeah!" with both of you in less than two weeks! Yay! I love you very much.

Have a very Happy Easter! Hopefully we'll talk to you tomorrow.

And P.S. Great legs, Robyn!!

Shayleen Lunt said...

I tried to say that to him on Friday and the mimicking didn't work that good! Sounds like it's a Mommy - Jacob thing!

Andrea said...

A secret friend of your blog told me I had to get on and see what amazing thing you have done this time. It was amazing and of course very cute!

Anonymous said...

Dad and I listen to this every chance we get. Now we can be found walking around the house saying....Y..E..A..h...in perfect Jacob intonation :]

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I'm one proud uncle!