Today Jacob and I had a 15 minute drive to make...not too much to ask right? We even had the vocal stylings of Jim Weiss reading The Chosen to us. I was content with hearing about Danny Saunders' struggles to reconcile his thirst for knowledge with his Hasidic Jewish faith. Jacob, obviously, was not. I began chucking toys back to him and singing to him a few minutes into the ride. He would pick the toy up, give it a stare and then uncerimoniously toss it away. I had insulted him with my pitiful offering. I searched and searched in the diaper bag and in my purse. I would have given him my keys if I hadn't needed them to drive. I sent back half my purse and the entire diaper bag. Needless to say, this ensued...



Another example of Jacob's demands are his Cheerios. The man loves them, and would eat them all day if I'd let him. Now mommy loves walks with Shayleen & Natalie, so we have struck a deal. I keep a steady stream of Cheerios coming his way and he keeps a steady stream of smiles coming my way. Look closely...



And yes, those Cheerios are still there from yesterday.
It is obvious that Jacob rules supreme in Hutchison-dom. And why wouldn't he? Look at him!

Oh yeah, he also has his own parking space.
4 comments:
since this post has been on the blog for two and none of robyn's fans have made comments, i thought i'd get the comments started.
well, what can i say that robyn hasn't already articulated. jacob is cute. so's his mamma.
Hee. Loved the parking spot shot. Also loved Elmo perched to smile down at Jacob while you drive along.
I have to be honest, I felt a huge rush of relief when you said that Jacob has caught the Cheerios vision. I didn't want to alarm you, but I just couldn't see how his initial resistance could be normal (though I totally dug the hands up and one-fingered push-away photos). I'm glad his appetite for that delicious, heart-healthy cereal has kicked in. Phew!
I have to agree that it would be hard to deny anything to such an adorable little man. Should I be embarrassed that I thought Jacob's backseat looked like toy heaven?? I think that I could spend several happy hours back there. Although I realize that I am not an expert in child psychology, I think that what Jacob is telling you here is that he is tired of waiting for Aunt Meredith to come and visit, and that he will not be satisfied until she is in the backseat playing with him. Could that be it? I hate to be immodest, but I think that might be the problem. I am so excited to come and spoil that boy and kiss his cute little tummy.
I also have to agree with the daddy of the mack daddy here: Jacob and his mamma ARE cute. Definitely consider me one of the fans! I love you.
At least Cheerios are his only vice. With Holden it was raisinettes. Not so easy to get out of the carseat.
cute kid. I want to give him a kiss!
Post a Comment