Yesterday Jacob and I played with our friend Olivia for a while in Jacob's room. During our playtime I noticed an undeniable fact: Jacob's room really needed to be vacuumed. After Olivia went home I decided to do the deed. I put Jacob in his crib with lotsa toys and commenced picking up all of the blocks and wooden train pieces that littered the floor. Once that was done I wandered over to the vacuum. Meredith, I really mean it, stop reading! I grabbed the handle and pulled it backwards and saw, to my horror, a lizard! Dun dun dun... I yelled out in shock and promptly clapped my hand over my mouth. I knew a lizard in my house was one thing, but I knew that a lost lizard in my house would only lead to me going slowly insane (within about a day or so). Soooo, I tip toed over to a handy dandy tupperware and tip toed back and caught it. Phew. I then weighted the tupperware down with two big Costco sized cans o' formula to wait for my big strong Machoo to take him back to our woodsy back yard. I had visions in the meantime of coming back to find the tupperware overturned and the formula cans strewn about the floor. This would have been a miracle, as the lizard was no more than 4 inches long, but it also would have been a great story. A mythic story.
Mr. Lizard is now safely in our overgrown back yard

and Mr. Jacob's unbelievably busy room is now vacuumed.

Note: to any possoms, snakes or birds that live in my backyard that may check this blog: please, please, please do not come into my house. I will instantly go insane if you do and Jacob and I will be forced to go screaming wildly out of the house without the cell phone, keys or diaper bag. Don't leave us homeless.
Also, Meredith doesn't want to read this because she's visiting us in two weeks! Don't nobody tell her 'bout the lizard, okay?
5 comments:
Bad form --- no picture of the lizard --- we get lots of pictures of baby --- why not a picture of the lizard??? Seem like discrimination to me. Dad
Not on the subject...I really like Jacob's outfit! From now on, we'll rush in and out of the garage door, closing it always behind us!
I am not Meredith--since I'm sure she stopped reading when you asked her to (and would then, of course, be unable to comment). But if I were she, I would assure you that her desire to see you, Jacob, and Matt exceeds her great aversion to reptiles of any size. I might also tell you that I am impressed by your quick isolation and apprehension of the dastardly creature! Either you are very brave, or you are A SLAVE OF DUTY!
Meredith, were she to have finished reading the blog, might also tell you that she had to hold her sides as she read--laughing hysterically while remembering Robyn and the lost snake at the Bromleys, as well as a certain lost lizard in her own apartment on Condo Row.
But since Meredith would never read on when you repeatedly commanded her not to, I will just keep these things to myself (whomever I am--not Meredith).
I was honestly hoping for a picture of the lizard too...after all you did have it CAPTURED! No worries! You did good Robyn!
Yuck! Robyn that reminds me of our shared fear of a snake coming up out of the toliet. I think you are so brave. I would have left the baby and ran to China! Good Job Huha Girl
Post a Comment